Tobacco Free Lincoln County
life is better with smoke-free VEHICLES and HOMES
Secondhand smoke can lead to ear infections, bronchitis, learning difficulties, asthma, cancer, sudden infant death syndrome and more sick days. If a pregnant woman smokes or is around secondhand smoke, it can lead to premature birth. About 53,000 people in the United States die each year from secondhand smoke exposure!
Pets do better with smoke-free air, too!
Thanks for helping keep North Platte Parks Tobacco-Free!
- Outdoor recreation is healthier and more pleasant when residents avoid smoking, vaping or using chewing tobacco in the parks and trails.
- Thank you for being considerate of others and showing a good example for our youth!
- Thanks to everyone who helps to keep our parks and trails tobacco-free!
ask your landlord for smoke-free policies
If you live in an apartment building where people smoke, ask your landlord to make your building or complex smoke-free. Learn about landlords in our area that have already made the switch, by clicking on "Breathe Easier!" on the right. Remember, if your neighbor smokes, so do you
For more information about smoke-free apartments, go to
News from tobacco free lincoln county
TOBACCO-FREE WORK SITES
If you manage a business, consider a smoke-free business policy, as several businesses in Lincoln County have already done. Staff do not smoke on the property, or on company time. The property is cleaner and employees and customers are not exposed to smoke in the air or on employees' clothing. Employees are less likely to get sick, and more likely to quit smoking. See TobaccoHurtsBusiness.ne.gov for a great resource!
Funded by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services / Tobacco Free Nebraska Program, as a result of the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.
- TobaccoFreeKids: Learn what's new and how you can make a difference.
- QuitNow.ne.gov: Information about quitting
- Smoke-Free Nebraska: Information from the state's comprehensive tobacco control program.
- Americans For Non-Smokers' Rights: Learn about secondhand smoke and how different parts of the country measure up.
- Lora Bevington (volunteer)
- Sandee Kroon (volunteer)
- Marlo Roberts (Community Connections)
- Russ Poe (North Platte Police Department)
- Angela Brown (West Central District Health Department)
- Shannon Sell (Region 2 Human Services)
- Beth DeFreece (the Connections Homeless Shelter)
- Nan Hynes (Callahan Cancer Center)
- Shane Belgum (Nebraska State Patrol)
- American Cancer Society
- Great Plains Health
- Keep North Platte and Lincoln County Beautiful
- KIDS KLUB
- Lincoln County Sheriffs Office
- Maxwell Public Schools
- Mid-Plains Community College
- Mid-Plains United Way
- Nebraska State Patrol
- North Platte Area Chamber and Development Corporation
- North Platte Police Department
- North Platte Public Schools
- City of North Platte
- People’s Family Health Services
- Region II Human Services
- Rape and Domestic Abuse Program
- Ready to Serve Volunteer Program
- Sutherland Public Schools
- Tobacco Free Nebraska
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension
- West Central Dist. Health Dept.
- Women's Resource Center